Introducing teenage sweethearts, Brad & Kelly
– they met at the Speedway over 16 years ago and it was a fairy tale instant romance. Brad was not much of a talker which left Kelly completely smitten by him.
Their relationship was long distance during Kelly’s Uni years and Brads Carpentry apprenticeship until they, together, took up work opportunities and made the move from Te Puke down to Taranaki, where they have started a beautiful family of their own after the birth of their baby boy, Mack. An absolute gorgeous little dude whose presence made their celebration so much more special and meaningful.
Brad and Kelly completely complement each other and show that opposite attract for the perfect fit.
After 16 wonderful years together Brad and Kelly decided to keep their wedding day details a complete surprise from their guests – who traveled from across New Zealand to celebrate their marriage with them.
The day started with champagne and the surprise delivery of half a dozen white roses that Brad had arranged for Kelly, along with the incredible romantic touch of secretly writing a note on the bottom of her wedding shoes.
Their first look photos took place under the mightly redwoods at the iconic Lake Mangamahoe, on the outskirts of New Plymouth. Kelly and Brad chose to hold their ceremony in a secluded forest setting right in the heart of New Plymouths beautiful Pukekura Park – in an off-the-beaten-track style of spot. Guests were directed through the park by custom designed signage where they were met with a gorgeous ceremony set up with styling inspired by the natural surrounds and complemented by wooden chairs and organic inspired floral details.
Their reception was held in the Theatre Royal Lounge at the TSB Showplace in Central New Plymouth – a venue that just oozes a stunning art deco and vintage vibe. Guests were encouraged to mingle throughout the evening with an intimate cocktail -party style food and drink service. Their reception styling was inspired by the venue’s decor – blue and blush pink suede furniture surrounded them with fine touches of navy blue, black and peacock green. The central location offered them the most amazing sunset photos right in the heart of the city.
- Photography and Video: Ryan Polei
- Wedding Planner and Stylist: Elizabeth Jean Weddings
- Celebrant: Tracey Zehnder
- Music: Hemi Coates Music
- Ceremony Location: Pukekura Park, New Plymouth
- Reception Location: TSB Showplace, Theatre Royal Lounge
- In House Catering: KDJ Catering
- Cake: Tartan Rose
- Dress: Churchwood Bridal
- Makeup Artist: Monique Paige
- Flowers: Ivy Lane
- Hair Stylist’s: Anita and Lana Images Hair Design Stratford, Taranaki
- Barber: Ali G
- Men’s Attire: Hallensteins
- Bridal Location: Kings and Queens Hotel